Re: Possible optimization when query candidate is a class with no base class

Page bloom

Edited

In regard to the reference you gave:

If you want to override this and NOT have a discriminator restriction imposed in the SQL then you provide the query extension datanucleus.query.dontRestrictDiscriminator set to true.
This appears that it would affect all queries with any candidate class whereas I definitely still need discriminators in the case where the candidate class is anything but the ultimate base class... unless..

... When it says "if this class has a table"  - in my case, universally, the ultimate base class in any class hierarchy has a table and the descendant classes do not so maybe this would work. Given that the subclasses will not have their own table then when they are a candidate class the discriminators would be used - that is if I understand it correctly.