Control quoting of identifiers

Mark Thornton

Is it possible to control the quoting of identifiers. I am using Postgresql (with JPA) and, by default, all tables and column names are created as upper case. This is unnatural for that database (which converts all unquoted names to lower case).

I am aware of the datanucleus.identifier.case property which allows me to change the case to LowerCase, but that wouldn't work well were I to swap to some other databases.

The SQL standard requires unquoted names to be upper cased by the database; unfortunately both Postgresql and MS SQL Server violate this.

Mark