Problems with Java 16

claudio_rosati@...

Hello all,

I'm migrating from java 8 to Java 16, and building one of my Maven projects fails with the following message:

Failed to execute goal org.datanucleus:datanucleus-maven-plugin:6.0.0-m1:enhance (default) on project ginestra.plugins.materials: Error executing DataNucleus tool org.datanucleus.enhancer.DataNucleusEnhancer: InvocationTargetException: Unsupported class file major version 60 -> [Help 1]

I'm using datanucleus-maven-plugin at ver. 6.0.0-m1, but datanucleus-rdbms and datanucleus-core at ver. 5.2.7 and datanucleus-api-jdo at ver. 5.2.6 because I've not found a newer versions.

Is DataNucleus ready for Java 16?

Claudio