Anyone using Redis or Hazelcast as a distributed L2 caching solution?

ebenzacar@...

I need a distributed L2 caching solution and I've narrowed my options down to the big 3:
- Redis
- HazelCast
- EhCache/Teracotta

Although I've used Teracotta several years ago, I've somewhat eliminated Ehcache/Teracotta due to the lack of knowledge of the platform by the development & operations team, and some of the additional complexities associated with it.  The biggest benefits it provides are:
- per class caching regions
- pinning/unpinning of objects

both of which I'm not sure are critical.  I would definitely like the per-class caching regions, however, I fear the cost to support the Teracotta cluster might be too big.

From what I read, neither Redis nor Hazelcast support either of those in DN.

That being said, I was wondering if anyone had any experience using either Redis or Hazelcast as an L2 cache with DN (JDO) and had recommendations or advice they could share.

Thanks,

Eric