Use multiple columns for Discriminator in Inheritance Tree with single-table

Kraen David Christensen

We have a table like: node(nodetype, subnodetype, ...)
From this one table we want to have several persistent java classes.
Both node.nodetype and node.subnodetype is needed to discriminate the java class we need (sometimes only nodetype is enough).
As far as I can see JDO/JPA only allows ONE discriminator column.
Is there anyway I can customize and build my own discriminator type (eg. by specifying something like:
@Discriminator(customStrategy = "MyStrategy")
on node table?
I've tried with no luck - but perhaps this is not possible.
It might be that I should write my own StoreManager extension for this?
And would that be recommended/easy?

Best regards, Kr├Žn David Christensen